Monday, July 26, 2010

Leaving Iron Blogger?

I'm really not sure if Iron Blogger is working out for me. I went to a (champagne brunch) meetup just today, and I had a good time, but I think this may be causing me more stress than it is worth.

My life is very weekend focused. I spend a ridiculous amount of time on weekdays throughout the year just planning weekends, whether it is conventions, festivals, trips, or parties. I am usually exhausted on Sunday nights, and find myself thinking of needing to blog similarly to how I think about needing to deal with the trash (and cat litter) on Sunday nights.

Part of it is that the rest of iron blogger is overwhelmingly about computers in ways I don't care about at all. I love when my friends get slashdotted, but usually their posts mean nothing to me.

I do want to keep blogging in a more formal style, but I might be better off posting because I have something to say, not because I want to avoid paying money.

I almost quit last week, but someone asked me not to. Ironically, by posting about this, I keep myself from hitting the maximum debt level for another week. I'm moving next weekend and running a bachelorette party, so we'll see if I blog anything. If this is my last post in the iron blogger group, well, it's been fun, and remember to talk about things oher than computers sometimes, even if you are really skilled in that area. The world is full of interesting things to explore and talk about!

1 comment:

Joy P. said...

Could you try posting to your blog earlier in the week for a couple weeks, and see if that relieves the stress of last-minute posting? Posting on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday could help.