Monday, April 19, 2010

I think I deleted the photos I was going to blog

I was about to post pictures from my trip and do a little travelogue thing, until my eyes went wide with horror realizing that I've deleted photos I want. Even since I lost almost everything single photo I took at Burning Man in 2006, I've been obsessive about trying to keep copies of my photos in two places until they were up on flickr, but due to not being able to get photos from my camera to ubuntu and a full harddrive on a mac... I totally screwed it up, and deleted awesome pictures that I thought were safe. I'm not entirely sure where the camera is, and I can't convince myself to go check and see how many I deleted. Elk! Bison! Moose! ARGH!

I recently hit over 15K photos in my flickr account. I want to take more photos on a better camera and I want them better organized. I want a personal assistant for my data needs.

I decided to start doing photo a day on april 1, but I missed last saturday and that failure, and the end of my vacation, has caused me to stop doing it. Need to get back on the horse, et cetera.

I wish we'd had digital cameras when I was in high school, I'd have thousands of photos, and I'd cherish them... I need to digitize all the ones I do have, and to decide what to do with all the boxes of prints of photos that I never touch or look at in hardcopy. Oh, storage locker, you contain so many challenges to deal with.

1 comment:

Photon said...

There are programs like CardRaider for recovering photos from CF cards etc. once they've been deleted and if you haven't taken photos since.

Good luck Laura!